ANKARA: Turkey has announced that it will continue its missile deal with Russia despite US pressure and sanctions.
According to a foreign news agency, President Tayyip Erdogan's spokesman Ibrahim Qalan said that Turkey will maintain its agreement with Russia for the acquisition of S400 defense system and will continue its efforts to resolve this issue through negotiations with its NATO ally USA. Will be kept
It should be noted that the United States had imposed sanctions on Turkey in December last year for buying S-400 missiles from Russia, to which Turkey had reacted strongly. In this regard, the Turkish Defense Minister said on Tuesday that Turkey was partially activating the S400 defense system while talks were underway with the United States in this regard.Speaking to a Turkish broadcaster, Ibrahim Qalan said that the statement of the Defense Minister was not fully understood. He had said that the issues on which there was disagreement would be discussed but immediate resolution of many issues was not expected.
